At McClinton ENT of Newnan, our primary focus is on the health and wellbeing of our patients and our staff. During this tumultuous time, we want to assure our patients that we are continuing to monitor developments around the spread of the coronavirus pandemic (COVID-19). Our COVID-19 preparedness is focused on supporting local and state health officials and is coordinated with the Piedmont Healthcare Corporation with the goal of limiting any negative impact on our patients, staff, and providers. We want to assure you that the safety of our patients and employees is critical. Some of the many proactive and preventative measures include the following:
- Screening by questionnaire all persons, including our staff, who enter our office, both on the phone and in person.
- Performing temperature screenings at the front desk.
- Limiting the number of patients in the office at one time.
- Restricting guests or family members accompanying patients to one (eg parent/guardian or care-provider).
- Enforcing social distancing in the waiting area. Waiting in your car is also an option.
- Eliminating moveable high-touch items from the waiting area (pamphlets, magazines, refreshments).
- Requiring all staff, patients, and visitors to wear facemasks when in the office.
- Ensuring that employees and patients who are ill with potential COVID-19 symptoms remain at home.
- Maintaining a safe and sanitized patient environment utilizing an enhanced cleaning process for both surfaces and the air.
- Requiring frequent hand washing or alcohol sanitizing for all staff AND patients and visitors.
- Avoiding unnecessary person-to-person contact, which may include hand-shaking.
- Donning personal protective equipment as deemed necessary, to include face shields and gowns.
- Continuing to participated in Telehealth (phone and videoconference visits) services.
- Taking aggressive measures to ensure safety during in-office procedures, including installation of a negative pressure filtration system and air sanitizer in our procedure room.
Please keep in mind that the recommendations of local, state, and federal officials and the guidelines provided by Piedmont Healthcare Corporation are continually being revised and updated. As such, we will similarly continue to monitor and update recommended measures and guidelines, and we will adjust our policies as deemed most appropriate.
We ask that all patients and guests or family members of patients who have:
- flu-like symptoms,
- a fever (>100 degrees F),
- symptoms of a lower respiratory infection (cough and/or shortness of breath),
- been exposed to an individual who has recently tested positive for COVID-19 or who has signs of COVID-19 infection,
- traveled internationally or on a cruise recently (within the past 3 weeks),
To please remain at home on self-isolation. We would like you to schedule a Teleheath visit and please plan to reschedule your in-person appointment. If you need further clarification or medical advice over the phone, please feel free to call our office. If you are seeking medical assistance for symptoms consistent with COVID-19, then please contact your primary care physician, the GA Dept of Public Health at 1-866-782-4584, or the CDC at 1-800-232-4636. If you are concerned that you may have been exposed to Coronavirus-19 and would like to be screened or tested, you may call 1-866-460-1119 Mon-Fri between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. EST.
We are privileged to serve you and we thank you for your patience, cooperation, and trust during this challenging time.
With warm regards,
McClinton ENT of Newnan